The student news site of Nimitz High School

Gabe Velasquez & Esmeralda Rolla

Gabe Velasquez & Esmeralda Rolla

Homecoming 2015

For the 48th anniversary of Nimitz, the Vikings were welcomed back to their territory. This year’s homecoming week was about the Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses and being pumped to be a Viking.

The theme for this year’s homecoming week celebration was “Through the Gates of Olympus: A Week of Royalty.”

Each day prior to the homecoming game and dance were spirit days.

Monday, the students brought out there by wearing neon clothes and having a hallway decorating competition between grade levels. The seniors won and out decorated the other grade levels by displaying “Under the Sea”

Tuesday, the students brought out their double sides by dressing like twins with someone.

“It was really cool to dress like twins with my best friend because we got to be the same and it was a real milestone in our friendship,” said freshmen Mya Salazar.

Wednesday, the students brought out their Hawaiian side by wearing floral print clothing and dressing like a Hawaiian tourist. When Thursday came around, the student body represented Nimitz by wearing the school colors and elegant mums to show their pride before the Nimitz Homecoming game against Sunset at the Irving Schools Stadium where the homecoming court was announced.

“The Vikings were at its finest and wounded defeating Sunset 42-0,”said Student Council adviser Mr. Bernard Manale. “The introduction of the homecoming court and Queen was well executed and one of the best performed over the last 15 years.”

Friday, following the homecoming theme, “Through the Gates of Olympus,” the students dressed like Greek and Roman Royalty.

Saturday, the night most people have been waiting for, was the homecoming dance at the Marriott Hotel in Las Colinas.

It was the night the students dressed their best, danced their hearts out, and made memories with their Viking family. The little memories like the homecoming court being introduced and knowing the King is senior Otzidi Hernandez and Queen senior Jenny Guzman.

“The dance was really fun and enjoyable, especially because it was my first homecoming dance ever,” said freshman Alexis Mendietta. “It was really cute how the King and Queen danced on the dance

From sold out tickets, to the King and Queens first dance, the homecoming 2015 will a memory of enchantment for all the students at Nimitz High School to look back on and cherish with their Viking brothers and sisters.

Sword & Shield • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in